Assessments STAR 1-5
STAR 1-5 is the official "learn to figure skate" program of Skate Canada. It covers the content outlined in the Learn to Train stage of development which is identified as "the golden age of learning". The Ingersoll Skating Club offers this program to support all of our skaters using the Skate Canada Standards.
- Testing at this level is done by our Coaching Team on lesson ice.
- Parents will be notified by the Coaching Team that a skater is ready to test.
- There is an administrative fee of $12 per test that is required by Skate Canada.
- Payment of these tests can be made via e-transfer at [email protected] or with cash/cheque before the test is administered.
- All of our skaters results are submitted to Skate Canada online and are tracked with our skater through their name and number.
There are different categories that your skater can work towards:
- STAR 1-5 Skills
- STAR 1-5 Freeskate Elements
- STAR 1-5 Freeskate Programs
- STAR 1-5 Dance
- STAR 1-5 Artistic
- STAR 1-5 Synchronized Skating (coming soon)
These are exciting milestones for our skaters and we love celebrating them with you. They are also preparing for their next levels in assessment which are STAR 6-Gold Assessment Days. These are done with a Skate Canada Evaluator from our area.
Check Out These Informative Videos
Canada Skates - Featuring STAR 1-5 - Assessments Part 1
Canada Skates - Featuring STAR 1-5 - Assessments Part 2
Canada Skates - Featuring STAR 1-5 - Assessments Part 3
Assessments STAR 6-Gold
STAR 6-Gold is the official Learn to Compete stage of development of Skate Canada. At the beginning of every season Ingersoll Skating Club and Dorchester Skating Club work together to schedule Assessment Day opportunities for our skaters.
* Exemptions - In cases of withdrawal due to unforeseen circumstances, the Skate Canada fee is to be waived
For more information about what is evaluated on the individual assessments and passing requirements, please refer to the Skate Canada, Rule of Sport, STAR Assessments or reach out to your Coaching Team or Club Assessment Coordinator.